Summary: Day 9 Challenge Instructions
Find a local business to support through one or more of the following ideas:
1) Order giftcards for later use
2) Purchase products from their online shops
3) Consider continuing to pay if you’re able (even if services are temporarily available)
4) Order takeout (ex: local restaurants) or pay for pre-orders (ex: bakeries)
6) Post your own creative image or use the images here or here with the #RescheduleDontCancel on social media along with a message to inspire people to postpone or find alternate ways to receive their services rather than canceling purchases.
- Share how you’ll be supporting local small businesses (for example, you could post “I pledge to postpone my bookings rather than cancel, pre-pay for deferred services, buy gift certificates, and tip generously when I can. Help me spread this message to amplify the voices of small business owners who play a tremendous role in making our communities and daily lives better. Let them know we stand with them in support of their businesses, livelihoods and families during this time of need.”
- You can also tag any small businesses that you’ll be supporting.
Join and share any reflections in the private Facebook community here.